Andrew Deacon Rookie Rider Cow Horse Clinic 20th & 21st May 2023
Clinic Cost $450
$200 Deposit require to book your position. $250 balance due Friday 5th of May
Andrew’s clinic is suitable for rookie (entry-level) competitors or riders who have yet to compete in reined cow horse but are considering doing so:
- Andrew will work on the correct technique for the rein work maneuvers, such as spins, stops and circles.
- During lunch on Saturday, we will have a theory session. As Andrew is a NRCHA judge he will explain the rules and teach the riders about positioning in the arena and how best to avoid penalties.
- After lunch, using the mechanical cow, he will teach the rider the correct position for them to work the cow.
- On Sunday, Andrew will work with the riders on boxing the cow using live cattle at one end of the arena and rating the cow down the fence without needing turns on the fence for those wanting to do the box rate class (optional).
Riders who attend the clinic and wish to have a go at a rookie boxing class, your entry fee at the next ARCHA show on June 24th & 25th will be paid for by Cooinda Park.
Helmets are recommended for adults, and all riders under 18yrs must wear one.
Maximum of 12 riders split into 2 groups, riders that travel from the furthest distance are given positions in group one to allow them to leave earlier on Sunday afternoon
Group one 8-10am
Group two 10-12 pm
LUNCH 12-1 pm
Group one 1-3 pm
Group two 3-5 pm
The $450 per rider clinic fee includes
- Your riding position.
- All meals from Friday night dinner until Lunch on Sunday.
- Use of a hot water wash bay.
- Use of the barn kitchenette with a fridge available to store drinks.
- Self-serve tea and coffee, open all day and night.
We have bathroom facilities with toilets and showers, and when the weather permits, we will light the fire at the end of the day for the participants to enjoy campfire drinks and a social evening.
Powered Camping $20 per night
Horse yards $10 per night
Stables $30 per nights
Onsite Accommodation Now Available
Twin room $60 per
Double room $60 p/n
Triple room $90 p/n
Quad room $120 p/n
Compulsory Cleaning fee: once per stay, per room $30
Fence sitting is $60 per day and includes lunch and drinks.
Conditions of booking for Cooinda Park Events
Payment: Payment of the deposit is required to hold your spot and must be paid by a separate bank transfer within seven days of booking.
REFUNDS: Refunds will be issued up to fourteen days before the event if you should need to cancel your booking. Please use your booking number as a reference.
We DO NOT provide refunds fourteen days from the event unless a replacement rider is found; rider swaps are permitted.
You accept these conditions by booking a position in an event held at Cooinda Park.
If, for any reason, Cooinda Park needs to cancel the event, a full refund will be issued within seven days.
For enquires, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Tracy on 0411640143